Disable Right Click

12.2.14

REVIEW: Ponds White Beauty BB Cream!

It seems like there was a BB cream storm that took over and shook the beauty world a few years ago and ever since we've seen a BB cream (or two) pop up in almost every makeup/skincare brand. While the concept of a Blemish Balm isn't new anymore, this Ponds White Beauty BB Cream definitely is a newbie in the Pakistani market! With an affordable price tag of just PKR 395 for 18 gms could this be a drugstore gem or an absolute disaster?



Well a disaster, it most certainly is not! If you're a medium complexion normal to combination skin gal and have been eyeing this BB cream, what are you waiting for? Not only do I find the packaging very sleek and chic, the product is hands down really REALLY good! Infact this may even be good for a touch drier or oilier skin type because it doesn't dry out or really emphasize my dry skin areas nor does it go shiny on me thoughout the day on my T-zone. A little moisturizer for the dry skin, a touch powder for the oily areas and it's all good. It sets to a semi matte finish and my face does feel slightly oily after an entire day at uni around the T-zone but it only feels oily, doesn't look greasy or shiny which I find strange but works for me!



It also feels very lightweight yet evens out and covers up problem areas well considering it is not a medium-full coverage foundation. The color is yellow toned, which is perfect for me and it almost blends into nothingness on the skin and looks radiant instead of giving a dead flat finish since it's not the dewiest BB cream I've come across. The lasting power is pretty impressive too (I'd say I get about 10 hours + of good wear until I notice the oily feeling) and it comes with an SPF 30 PA+++ and although that may mean a slight white cast especially in flash photography, I haven't experienced it! The fact that they included the term "Fairness Cream" probably has more to do with the SPF in it than anything else because after all that it what's protecting your skin from sun damage, hence reducing skin burning or tanning although I haven't noticed any "fairness" so that is probably just a sales gimmick.

LEFT: Bare face, RIGHT: Ponds BB Cream.

To sum it all up, a total drugstore gem, hasn't broken me out and feels and looks natural and healthy while taking care of my bad acne scars. I'm impressed! The only reason this gets a 4/5 is the lack of a shade range. I got mine from Just4girls.pk!
My Rating:


4/5: Love love love!

27 comments:

  1. I was waiting for a review on this... thanks for sharing your thoughts Ayesha :) This looks like a winner...The coverage seems great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using this for quite a while now, this really does make an awesome base. I think it will be better than my Garnier in Summers. This has more semi-matte finish on my skin, which I love <3
    Your last picture is PERFECTION. It perfectly shows how awesome the coverage is :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh okay, so i must try this one as currently i am loving Garnier one ... Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. def gonna buy it .. thanks for adding up on my kharchy list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great...bt I am nt into PONDS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie! I wish Ponds would bring in some of their face make up products to singapore! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this bb cream seems like a must have.If i was not convinced before you picture did the job superbly. :) great review as always.Does it break down or become patchy like garnier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shehrzad the Garnier one didn't break down on me or become patchy and neither does this! :)

      Delete
  8. I am totally getting this one! Great review Ayesha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahaan i didnt know about this BB cream :) thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing to me. And im glad uve put up really clear photos of he coverage. Thumbs up:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. It covers up very well looking at your picture. I must give it a try. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post but ayesha do you think this shade is suitable for ivory skin or will it be too yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too dark so if you have fair skintone it should work well for you! :) It does adapt a bit to your own color!

      Delete
    2. Hi Aisha! It's Shaz here. Mostly bb creams are darker in shades comparatively to my skin tone. Will it work for fair skin?

      Delete
    3. Hi Shaz! <3 I think it should work because it adjusts a bit! :) It's cheap so why not give it a go!

      Delete
    4. I'm worried coz I already have Garnier one but it's 1 tone darker.

      Delete
  13. Ive been looking for this in stores since ages, havemt stumbled across it abhi tak. As always, love your recomemdations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I hope to find the perfect shade though, this sounds like a total gem. Nearest Beauty Counter- here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey ayesha i dont see this bb cream on just4girls website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amna! Here you go! http://just4girls.pk/ponds-white-beauty-all-in-one-bb-fairness-cream-spf30-18g.html

      Delete
  16. wow.....nice review dear....its seems like an amazing product....xoxoxoxo....:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Think it is more for the medium skin types, just like you describe.

    it looks so Yellow against my skin and the color is like 2 shades dark by end of 8 hours. Wish ponds comes up with more shades

    ReplyDelete
  18. AoA ayesha, i need to know is this BB cream suitable for the men to use ??
    its effect would be same on men skin or not ?
    Thanks
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review. I'm finally going to pick this up now.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...