Disable Right Click

17.9.12

Review: MUA Undressed Palette!

Hello gorgeous! Today I'm reviewing the MUA Undressed Palette, one of the most talked about drugstore palettes of the year, since it is considered a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette.


For starters, let me just say it, dupe or no dupe, this palette has definitely become one of my favorites after only a few weeks of my purchase. It's got some nice neutrals, ranging from a few mattes to shimmers to shades with tiny glitters! I don't believe there's a single shade in this palette you could possibly not use. I love how this can be an everyday palette, transitioned into night time and even apt for heavier party looks or super smokey eyes.



The packaging is nice and sturdy for the 4 pounds worth of money I've really seen worse packaging for a higher price in drugstore makeup. It's a bit of a hassle to open the palette the very first few times but that's only initial. The back includes a shade guide and also a mini master class step by step for beginners which makes this all the more a great product!


The eyeshadows themselves are super soft and not completely chalky, but compared to MUA's single eyeshadows, I do have to say the mattes will not knock anyones socks off. The single mattes are much better in terms of application and pigmentation. However, the mattes in this palette aren't bad at all. I find that swatching them is a problem as they're 1. a bit harder to pick up with a finger, and 2. so similar to my skintone. However on the eyes, I cannot complain about these mattes at all!

The shimmery satin shades are to say the least AWESOME! I simply love these and for the price, I don't know, you get 12 decent sized amount of pigmented eyeshadows! Who can complain? And if this really is a dupe for the much sought after Urban Decay Naked Palette, then you're saving yourself more than $40!


Though at a glance you might think, oh what boring neutrals! yes, some shades look an awful lot similar at a first glance but this is a very versatile palette and the looks you can create are endless!
My personal favourite shades from the Undressed palette are Shades 1, 3, 6 and 12! To see my recent EOTD using this palette, click here!


Swatches!


LOVES:
- Pigmented, soft shadows.
- Priced so so reasonably!
- Great for beginners!
- No repetition of shades though it may seem like it.
- Lasts well on the eyes, obviously even better with a primer/base.

DISLIKES:
- Honestly I want to say none but some people complain about the mattes, although I find them to be good!
- Availability! MUA do ship worldwide though!

My Rating:
5/5: Makes me feel like a diva!






Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to follow my blog if you like! Comment down below, I'd love to hear from you! <3 Take care and have a great day!

26 comments:

  1. Amazing photographs <3
    How about a Comparison between Undressed and Heaven n Earth :)

    fed your fish too! hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Hira! <3 And thankyou for feeding the fish haha! ;)
      I'd love to do a comparison if I get the Heaven and Earth! Let's see IA! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm soo tempted to get this palette since I love my Heaven and Earth one! MUA def have a great range of eyeshadow palettes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shoulddd :D Unless you already own the Naked Palette but I'd still buy this even if I did own the Naked Palette! :) They do indeed I love their single ones too! :D
      <3

      Delete
  3. Great review and awesome photos! This is a must have! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are beautiful shades, I have no idea why I haven't yet picked one up!

    Great pictures too Ayesha! I'm your latest follower :)

    Amy xx
    http://alittleboatsailing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! <3 I've always loved the name Amy! :)

      Delete
    2. It's a very short name haha! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Raych! I love your blog! <3 Nice photographs girl!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh just found your blog. Enjoying it so far. As for the palette i've heard great things and the swatches look fab but I just have too many eyeshadows so I have to give it a miss! x

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got mine as well. Such a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent photography! This looks exactlyy like Urban Decay Naked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Marib!! <3 <3 <3 It definitely does!

      Delete
  9. Loveeee the photographs as always. Love your props particularly the laltain lol very creative and ofcourse the palette itself looks amazing! MUA palettes are my absolute favourite they are such good value!I am so tempted to get this even though I do have the Naked palette. But most probably I will end up picking it in my next order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouuu so much Zainab!! <3 <3 <3
      You will love this, and you can save the Naked Palette for special days then ;)

      Delete
  10. im in love with your photography! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful review, totally love the pics! very artistic:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Saira!!! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  12. Love your blog, your so so creative with photos!
    Good review, I have mua's heaven on earth palette and totally love it, can't wait to get undressed palette as well.

    Followed ya here and on FB too, lookin forward to reading more from you ;)
    Love,
    maila @ allthingsgirlish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...