Disable Right Click

15.10.12

Review: Sweet Touch Lipstick.

Hello girls! Since one of you requested me to review a lipstick from the brand Sweet Touch, here it is!



I knew I had a Sweet Touch lipstick in my makeup drawer somewhere, and when one you asked if I could review it, I decided to hunt it down. I bought this perhaps three years ago and of course it's not as if the rest of my lipsticks have to be replaced in the past three years, come to think of it, I have finished any lipstick yet! That said, the reason for me not running out of this specific lipstick isn't because I use it rarely, it's because I haven't used it at all!

 
The shade I got is Number 761 and it's a very pretty pink.



To start off, I think the best thing about this lipstick is the packaging. It's nice ad sleek and doesn't feel cheap like some drugstore lipsticks.However, what good is great packaging if the product inside doesn't deliver?



In terms of pigmentation and color, I'd say its not bad at all, it applies evenly in the swatch below, however the lipstick claims to be enriched with Vitamin E and for that this formula is very dry indeed. I understand that it's a matte finish, but it is a little too dry for me. I personally find it applies strange on the lips as well, very cakey and dry. It would be a good idea to moisturize the lips nicely before applying this lipstick.



Although I have a great love for matte lipsticks, this one just doesn't work me. To be very honest this is one of the few makeup products I do regret buying. At the price of 375 rupees, I believe that's how much I got it for, I could have gotten a cheaper lipstick with better results. I have given this product a fair chance, trying it with a lipbalm underneath, applying and blotting to get rid of the cakiness, layering a gloss on top, but nothing works for me with this one! I find that it's heavy and uncomfortable on my lips and I personally hate the feeling of something being there on my lips and being matte this lipstick should have a longer lasting power.



All in all this product just doesn't work for me, I think if you don't suffer from dry lips, and are okay with the feeling of having something cakey on your lips, then this product may work for you. Remember, what works for me may not be the same for you and vice versa! To be honest, would I recommend this? No, I wouldn't.

LOVES:
-Packaging is nice.

DISLIKES:
-Dry formula.
-Cakey and heavy on the lips.
-Not super long lasting for a matte lipstick.

My Rating:




2/5: Is this a joke?

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great day where ever you are and if you are in Lahore, enjoy the rain, the weathers perfect for some hot drinks and snacks with friends and family! <3 Take care!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It feels even worse on the lips :P Hahah! Maybe it's just this one, but I don't think I'll be purchasing any more from them!

      Delete
  2. I loooove their nail polishes! Sucks that the lipsticks don't work as well :/ I'd (once again lol) recommend the becute lipsticks, the lighter shades are a bit drying, not as much as this, but the darker ones are fab! And only for 200!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, I wish I'd find them here! I've looked all over! :( Hahah :P

      Delete
  3. I got one of these lipsticks though it is in a different packaging. The sales girl just asked me to try it and I thought this is LOVE! Khair it was a nude color and the smell was (and still is) amazing. However I havent touched it in years because of precisely the above reasons and the fact that I am over nudes :) Great review, Ayesha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the sameeee with me! I am so over nudes! :D
      Hahahah! Thanks <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. I find that all of their lipsticks have different formulas, I have one that's drying just as yours and ones that's super hydrating and I absolutely love it to bits. Strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! I hate when they do that, you never know what you're going to get. They should categorise their finishes! Thanks for letting me know! <3

      Delete
  5. I love how you take pictures! Thank for saving my money =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes they have very different formula for different lipsticks... like beautyuk... nice review..

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for such a daring and honest review :) guess what u hv a new follower!!! :D I would luv if u follow me back. oh haan weather is awsum in Lahore had a funfilled day with family :) xxx
    http://samrasbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Samra! I follow you already! <3

      Delete
  8. Hmm Sweet touch lipsticks have a dry formula which i don't enjoy aswell
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...