Disable Right Click

3.3.14

REVIEW: MAC Candy Yum Yum Lipstick!

It's March already! Hopefully spring will be here before we know it! With spring on it's way, comes the time to whip out all those gorgeous bright lip colors! No better way to celebrate springtime and the very hot Radiant Orchid color of the year hues than with the very popular Candy Yum Yum by MAC.


Ouchhh! Doesn't that look simply sizzling? Lord knows how close this lipstick is to my heart! ^-^
It's definitely a very bold blue toned pink and will stand out on all skin tones beautifully. It's a matte finish so it can be drying especially if you already have dry, chapped lips. A single swipe is good enough for full opacity but I also love wearing this just dabbed all over the lips in a more muted but still bright enough to pop. Like all MAC lipsticks this one retails for $16 although initially it was a limited edition that turned permanent by request. The color lasts well 6 hours and sometimes more (and I'm talking full meals in between) and then I reach for a touch up or if I don't it leaves a beautiful stain, but the lasting power of MAC lipsticks is obviously no secret. It's also the same familiar vanilla scent all lipsticks by MAC have which I absolutely love.

The color is NEON and just perfect for spring summer statement lips. If you shy away from such colors or want to try something close without spending a lot, try Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids lip color in Fuschia Flash which is a creamier, less intense version but very similar to Candy Yum Yum which is just a touch lighter and brighter along with being matte. Afraid the neon is too much? Layer it on top of a deeper red or berry lipliner or add a translucent gloss for a muted yummy bubblegummy pout. Don't forget to wear it like a boss! Rock that statement pout!

Random photo from last year wearing Candy Yum Yum.

To conclude, the lipstick is a killer for sure, in all the right ways! If you dig bright pouts and neon makeup, this is a must have in your makeup collection! If you dislike mattes and bright colors, then you should skip it! To order it in Pakistan, get in touch with MAC Addict on Facebook or simply order via the official MAC website!

LOVES:
-Smells divine.
-Packaging is sturdy yet luxurious.
-Permanent lipstick at the MAC store.
-Matte finish.
-Incredible lasting power.


DISLIKES:
-Can feel a tad bit drying if lips aren't prepped.

My Rating:
5/5: Favorite lipstick everrrr!






Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking out the time to read my views! What is your favorite MAC Lipstick and why? I would love to know so I can add some new colors to my wishlist! :) Have a spectacular day!!!

21 comments:

  1. The color is yum for sure. Looks gorgeous on you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color looks gorgeous against your skin tone. My heart is set on Girl About Town at present but this is amazing too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh myy! Yessss! Girl About Town is fabulous too! Too many pinks, only two lips :( Hahah!

      Delete
    2. Girl About Town is BOSS! I have so many MAC lipsticks on my wishlist (who doesn't) I was all about Crosswires but now I want this and Morange. AHHHH! so many lippies, so little time.

      Delete
  3. I love this color & i was about to purchase it but when I tried it on it looked really odd on my face. I ended up purchasing Ruby Woo. It looks stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you just have to have the right kind of makeup for this. It definitely looked odd on me when I tried it the first time too! :)

      Delete
  4. This is sooo gorgeous on you! You rock any shade with class Ayesha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! That is incredibly sweet of you to say! :')

      Delete
  5. This is such a gorgeous color and NEXT on my MAC lipsticks list :D Looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ayesha...these bright colors suits you alotttt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ayesha...these bright colors suits you alotttt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shade.....It looks pretty on you.....xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks gorgeous on you mA. I for one have a hard time carrying off pinks on my olive skin tone. =/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beyond gorgeous! i remember how my heart broke when this lipstick was a limited edition once upon a time..Gotta get my hands on it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgg yess I remember that time too well! <3 So glad it went permanenttt! :D

      Delete
  11. Honestly you can pull off ANYTHING! You look great in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yupieeeeee
    Regards,
    warda-34619
    http://www.translation.pk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new
    stuff you post

    Business news in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, It's definitely a very beautiful blog about lipstics. All colours are so beautiful, stunning and gorgious. But I use maybelline lipcolour which is also very beautiful and stylish. My lips are so rough and crecked but when I use maybelline lipsticks my lips becomes soft and smother to get the best result I suggested you maybelline lipscolour. you can easily access maybelline products in Pakistan through online shopping stores.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...