Disable Right Click

9.9.12

Trend to Try: Tangerine Tango! LIPS

So ladies, as you all know very well the color of the year is Tangerine Tango and shades of orange have not only been seen on fashion runways but orange has also been very much prevalent with the cosmetic industry throughout 2012!


Sephora, along with Pantone, came up with an entire line of Tangerine colored makeup and so have other brands. If you think wearing orange hues is only for the summer think again! MAC recently came out with a stunning copper-red eyeshadow duo in their StyleSeeker collection and as we transition into fall and winter and tangerine is being tango-ed even more so!

To me the simplest way of incorporating this color into any makeup look, is by the slightest hint of color on the lips. It's an easy way to give a pop of color without a lot of hard work, and you can wear the color as subdued or intensified as you may like.

I went through my own collection of lip colors to find orange toned lip products and I never thought I'd find any more than a few couple maybe. Here's what I found!

From front to back: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush, MUA Shade 16- Nectar, Revlon Super Lustrous in Siren, Ingo Lipstick, Wet n Wild Purty Persimmon, Medora Russet.

SWATCHED



Same order: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush, MUA Shade 16- Nectar, Revlon Super Lustrous in Siren, Ingo Lipstick, Wet n Wild Purty Persimmon, Medora Russet.

Other great recommendations for an orange lip:
- MAC Jazzed, Morange & Vegas Volt
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stain in Rendevous
- Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
- Wet n Wild 24 Carrot Gold
- Revlon's Apricot Blase (which I also have but couldn't find it)
- Maybelline Lipstick in Bronze Orange
- NYX Round Lipstick in NYX

Of course there are many more orange lipsticks out there and if you know any great ones do let me know in the comments section down below!


And of course you don't have to wear an intense orange lip, you could layer these on or just dab them on or even go for a hint of orange with a lip gloss! Use an orange lip liner under a nude lipstick or gloss for a different effect! Experiment and figure out what kind of an orange works best for you and your skin tone! :)

Remember, all you need is the confidence to wear it, whether bold or subdued. You don't have to invest in an expensive product just to try out a trend, there are so many options out there, so don't hesitate to experiment and make your product work for you! I hope you enjoyed this post!

Don't forget to follow my blog for more and leave a message down below with any questions or comments! Thanks for reading take care! <3

7 comments:

  1. i never thought orange was really the color for our side of the world but it looks soo pretty on you! where'd you get the revlon and wet n wild lippies? i'd love to get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same forever, but the trick is to find the right orange with the right undertone for our kind of skin color! I love the Revlon one I got it a long time ago from someone coming from America! but now that Revlon is officially here, hopefully it will be in Lahore and Islamabad very soon! :D Wet n wild is from beauty joint! I think other than Crush by Rimmel all these shades should suit Asian skintones well.

      Delete
  2. oh I have the medora one and rimmel one =) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I never knew orange could look so good on the lips and cheeks. It is a scary colour to try at first but when I did I never stopped loving the brightness it gives to your complexion. My fave is Sleek Pout Polish in Electro Peach. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So here in K-town is lil old me OBSESSED with Orange! UGH! just cant get enough of the color! My favourite lip combo is the Sleek True Color lipstick in Papaya Punch with the Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Fashion Icon. I have worn this all throughout summer with the NYX creme blush in-yep, the name says it all-Orange :P I feel it really flatters our warm, olive complexion :D

    Thank you for these great picks! I also have Crush and I absolutely love it :D

    Ayesha do try the Golden Rose Paris nail varnish in 93, its such a bright orange shade, you'll love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling too well! I love how flattering it is on our skin tones! I definitely try to find it :) I love the Sleek Aruba blush! It is bright in your face ORANGE, but when you apply it it doesn't look scary at all! :D Love ittt!
      Thanks for stopping by Atiya <3 <3 <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...